🌱 Milton Parks And Activities Guide + Alpharetta Arts And Culture
Hi there. I’m back with your new copy of the Alpharetta-Milton Daily. Here’s what you need to know about what’s happening in town.
First, today’s weather forecast:
A parasitic morning storm. High: 88 Low: 66.
Here are the top five Alpharetta-Milton stories today:
- The Town of Milton has published a guide to parks and activities. As part of the showcase, they want parents to be informed of school year opportunities for city residents. Youth sports including baseball, lacrosse, basketball, soccer and cheerleading are all on the menu. For adults, the tennis center is open, as well as mixed football and goat yoga. Not so much an outdoors person? The city now offers esports for residents to participate in video games such as Madden 22, Rocket League, Super Smash Bros, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. (Town of Milton, Georgia)
- Are you looking for a new home? There are five houses that are ready to be visited in the Alpharetta area. A stately home at 1180 Greatwood Manor is listed at $1.1 million with 3,863 square feet, four bedrooms and five bathrooms. Too modest for your taste? A 6,865 square foot home with six bedrooms and five bathrooms is listed at $2.25 million. Click on the link to see the five houses listed. (Alpharetta-Milton Patch)
- A few new furry friends have found their way to the Alpharetta and Milton shelters! You will melt when you see Kandiss the puppy, or the little Bailey Bug. Reeses the cat is so sweet you won’t believe it. All of these animals and more can be found at the link. (Alpharetta-Milton Patch)
- The City of Alpharetta has released its guide to fall and winter arts and culture classes. Young people and teenagers are invited to participate in hands-on lessons in clay and pottery, pastel and pencil drawing and other creative arts. Performing arts classes will be open to age groups 6-19, including a Thanksgiving Rock Band camp. Click on the link to see the full guide and find an activity for you and your family. (Atlanta Journal Constitution)
- A personal transportation vehicle plan has been approved by the Town of Milton. The plan included several sections of state law incorporated into city code, allowing the use of personal transportation vehicles on public streets where the speed limit is 25 miles per hour or less. The plan included the use of golf carts in the Crabapple area. Click on the link to see more information about the PTV plan. (The constitution of the Atlanta newspaper)
Today at Alpharetta Milton:
- The gift at the Mexican restaurant El Don (5:30 p.m.)
- Layne Denton at Painted Horse Winery (6:00 p.m.)
- Avalon Nights Live at Avalon (6:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Concerts and Services:
You are officially informed for today! See you tomorrow morning for another update.
— Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a writer, editor, SEO specialist and marketing manager for various digital media companies. He is currently co-owner and operator of content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.